Overland Footwear is the best company to work for in New Zealand. IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces in New Zealand survey reviewed 243 companies in New Zealand.
Overland was the overall winner as well as winner in the Large Companies category (those employing 400 to 749 staff) in 2013. This was the second year in a row that Overland secured the top position. Overland was a finalist in each of the eight years between 2005 and 2012.
In the Enterprise category (companies with more than 750 staff), Warehouse Stationery secured the top spot.
In the Medium-Large Workplace Category (150-399 employees), Mars New Zealand was named the best company to work for.
In the Small-Medium Workplace Category (50-149 employees), Giltrap Audi secured the top spot.
In the Small Workplace Category (20-49 employees), Kellog New Zealand got the top honours.
Flight Centre has been a finalist in 10 out of the last 11 years.
TOP 10 WORKPLACES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Overland Footwear, fashion footwear retailer
- Warehouse Stationery, stationery, technology, artÂ and craft, copy and print, and office furniture retailer
- Mars New Zealand, FMCG food manufacturing
- Giltrap Audi, luxury car retailer
- Flight Centre, international travel agency
- VTNZ, vehicle testing and repairs
- FMG Advice and Insurance, insurance and financial advisors
- Leading Edge Communications, sales channel management company (primarily telecommunications)
- Southern Cross Health, health insurer provider
- Trade Me, online selling and auction site
What drives these companies?
Employee engagement and participation is the common theme among the companies that are most sought after by job seekers in New Zealand.
Sanchia Yonge, IBMâ€™s GM Smarter Workforce for Australia and New Zealand says, â€œYear on year weâ€™re seeing more businesses in New Zealand viewing participation as a critical tool to help determine the drivers of business performance.
“The Best Workplaces Survey uncovers the best New Zealand organisations that are creating a Smarter Workforce; one that attracts the best talent, understands their employees and empowers teams.”